Saturday, November 12, 2005

Happy Birthday my Love

Once I started thinking about it, I wasn't with you on your birthday last year. Now I can't even remember what I got you - I just remember typing you a letter at like 2 in the morning the day before. Now I'm just sitting here going through all the stuff I have. I always thought I'd be with you this year, and you'd tell me how it feels to be old and 20. God has a funny way of turning those things around though, now doesn't he? Somedays, when I think about how old I am, I realize how young I am, how young you were, how I can really never make sense of it. Then I think about all the times that I say to myself, I'll just do that later or Next time around it will be better, but sometimes, next time isnt an option; there isn't always tomorrow. Here are the things I wish: we had taken more pictures, we had laughed more, done more, seen more, you got to meet from friends from home, I'd gone to your room before it was too late, I'd told you I loved you more because I really did, and mostly that you were still here. I'm sorry there wasn't a next time for us, but hopefully one day there will be. I still miss you. I still love you. Happy 20th Birthday lady.
p.s. I'm sorry I almost forgot.